Thursday, November 8, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin in My Tum


So on my shopping trip to Trader Joe’s, I decided I really wanted to roast a pumpkin. Yah—I know odd realization. But, I did it. I bought a cute little pumpkin and roasted that baby up! I used a bit of olive oil and a lot of cinnamon! I also de-seeded the pumpkin and roasted the seeds. They actually came out amazingly crunchy and tasty simply with a sprinkle of salt. They were far superior to store bought.

Recipe
1 pumpkin
Cinnamon
Tiny drizzle of olive oil
1. De-seed and stick the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet with a sprinkle of salt
2. Cut the pumpkin into smaller chunks, and drizzle with olive oil and cinnamon.
3. Bake at 350 until soft.

But, wait, we’re not done yet! So for a tiny pumpkin, it was still too large for one or even two dinners! So, it was time to get creative. Store bought pumpkin puree…pshtt…I’ll just make my own! Simply take your blender and your pumpkin. You’ll be ready to go. I went ahead and blended the outside of the pumpkin which gave the puree a nice nutty flavor. I also added some maple syrup and an extra bit of sugar. Then I stuck it in the pan to warm and cream up a bit! It turned out fabulously! I just ate this plain. It was delish!!!!!

Recipe

After you’ve completed the first recipe, blend that baby with some maple syrup and sugar. Cook in pan. Easy peasy delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment