Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hey...Lookee Here

Wow! I was browsing the Arctic Zero website and what do I come across on the recipe page, but my recipe!

http://www.myarcticzero.com/recipes.php?r=47

Coincidentally enough, I had just made my way to Sprouts yesterday and stocked up on three flavors! The Vanilla Maple, Mint Chocolate Cookie, and the Coffee. I never know what I'll be in the mood for so I am always prepared. I finally saw the Pumpkin flavor on the shelves, but they were discontinuing Strawberry and Cookies and Cream..hmmmm.

Lately I have been eating lots of brocolli. At my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. she had this delicious teriyaki sauce that I couldn't get enough of!
http://store.tomdouglas.com/sauces-c3.aspx
On that note, I used it in a fantabulous recipe for tofu, brocolli and pineapple stir fry!

Recipe

1 head brocolli
1/4 package tofu
1/2 pineapple
2 tablespoons teriyaki or any yummy Asian sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Grab a stir fry pan and heat oil.
2. Add the brocolli in first and cook until softened.
3. Add the tofu and pineapple in.
4. Cook thoroughly (medium/low heat) until brocolli is a tiny bit brown, and then add your sauce.
5. Serve it up! The sugar in the pineapple adds a sweet taste as the sugar carmelizes! The teriyaki sauce coating the pineapple create a flavor explosion.

This is an absolutely delicious dinner, and you can add in other veggies like red peppers if you like.

Things I've been loving lately:
I like making lists (to keep organized and get my thoughts out) so I thought I would list a couple things that I have been loving lately. Let's call it the "Love It List" just to be catchy

LOVE
1. Watermelon--It's not the season, but I continue to buy the cut watermelon from Trader Joe's. A couple times it has almost been watermelon wine...a bit fermented, but I've still been buying it because they have some of the best watermelon I've ever had!
2. Coffeehouse Classic Cappucino Foam-OMG this stuff is amazing! I am a huge whipped cream fan. I really like the Fat Free Reddi Whip, and I saw this and was hooked. When you serve it cold, it is thick whipped cream. Put it in the microwave, and it turns into foam. So cool!
3. Trader Joe's Pineapple Salsa-Yum! This had large chunks of pineapple, a tomatoey taste, and a tad of spice. So yummy I ate the jar in one night!
4. Stalks of brussel sprouts-I just buy the stalk from Trader Joe's for less than $3! So cheap and delicious.
5. Grilling--I was lucky enough to have grilled eggplant for lunch at work today! I love that charry grilled flavor especially with a vegetable like eggplant. I had grilled veggies two days in a row.
6. Key Limes-I bought a big bag of them. I've been craving sour lately, and I sprinkle a bit of sugar on them. De-lish.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete