Saturday, November 17, 2012

Miracle Rice 'Tapioca' Power Protein Pudding


Well I was only going to do one post today, but a miracle happened (no pun intended).

I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about a concoction in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big fan of tapioca pudding. I used to think it was rather yucky, but that sweet creamy vanilla-like taste grew on me. I have also recently acquired a taste for Miracle Rice. This is made by the same company that makes the Miracle Noodles. I actually really enjoy their taste. Post work out, I was craving a nice tapioca pudding, but that’s not exactly the best protein filled snack. Hmmm. I put on my thinking cap and suddenly IT CAME TO ME. One of the best recipe ideas I have had in my life!

I can use miracle rice to simulate tapioca pearls. They take on the taste of the sauce so I can definitely use them in a pudding.
 
 

Recipe

6 oz EAS Advantag Vanilla Shake or you can of course use milk

2 scoops protein powder

1 bag miracle rice

4-5 tablespoons Fage Greek Yogurt (Depends on how thick you want it. Fage is a great yogurt to use because of its thickness.)

And if you want to serve this as a satisfying Thanksgiving dessert, add in cranberries to the recipe for another hint of sweet and tartness!
 

For this recipe, put everything in a bowl or saucepan.

1. I poured in the miracle rice first.

2. Then I added the vanilla protein shake.

3. Then add your protein powder and give it a good mixing. I just used a spoon, but would be curious to see the consistency if you did use an electric mixer.

4. Finally, add in the greek yogurt to thicken. You can always add more if you desire thicker pudding.

5. If you are using milk, you may want to add a bit of sugar or Stevia to sweeten.

6. Give it a final mix and you’re ready to go.

This recipe honestly made my day. I can’t believe how similar this tasted to tapioca. It was thick with that sweet vanilla flavor plus no need for a protein shake. The miracle rice was the perfect tapioca simulant. You should get about a WHOPPING 50 to 60 grams of protein. This would also be a great on-the-go snack. I am such a happy camper today. If you try this, please tell me how you like it! Have a super Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment